Trust irons designed to meet the demands of your game with Mizuno MP-18 MMC Irons. The product of collaboration between Mizuno’s R&D and forging house teams, MP-18 MMC (Multi-Material Construction) irons utilize strategically placed, exotic materials to optimize launch and overall forgiveness. A patented Grain Flow Forged HD process unlocks soft, solid and consistent feel, while Harmonic Impact Technology creates remarkable feedback at impact.
Constructed from 1025E Pure Select Carbon Steel Billets
Mizuno’s elite materials signify the passion to deliver unmatched performance. Ultra-premium materials yield six-times tighter tolerance than industry standard for greater purity.
Mizuno’s Patented Grain Flow Forging® HD Process
Enhanced 4-step Grain Flow Forging® HD Process increases grain density in the impact area for the ultimate soft, solid and consistent feel Mizuno is famous for.
- Primary Forging: Primary forging shapes the head and ensures grains are aligned and tightened
- Heat Treatment: Aging the head at elevated temperatures optimizes strength and softness
- Precision Forging – First Shot: Precision forging ensures precise shape, consistent grain structure and tight tolerances
- Precision Forging – Second Shot: Modified U-Grooves hydraulically forged into the club face for optimal spin rate
- MP-18 MMC (Multi-Material Construction) Irons stem from a 3-year project between Mizuno R&D and Mizuno’s legendary forging house to meet the demands of the modern player
- Highly stable, forgiving multi-material construction satisfies the performance needs of a large range of players by optimizing launch and forgiveness on impacts across the club face
- Strategic use of lightweight titanium and tungsten elements sealed within the 1025E carbon steel enables workability, control and forgiveness
- Titanium forged directly into carbon steel body allows for redistribution of discretionary weight to further increase forgiveness and elevate playability
- Tungsten Toe Weighting concentrated low and toe side increases launch and enlarges the sweet area across the club face
- Satin Nickel Chrome Finish provides elegant, durable, non-glare aesthetics