Form beautifully meets function in TaylorMade P790 Irons. This forged distance iron, designed to meet the performance demands of better golfers and consistency demands of aspirational golfers, features low-density SpeedFoam cavity filler to maximize COR and generate groundbreaking distance. A high-strength 4140 carbon steel face combines with mini-ICT and cut-thru Speed Pocket technologies to lock in distance and control on impacts across the face.
With P790, we created a forged distance iron that meets the demands of better players and delivers consistent performance for the aspirational golfer. By combining our new SpeedFoam with a wrapped face construction, we have engineered an iron that is as beautiful as it is powerful.
This Beauty is a Beast: Look and Feel of a Player’s Iron
Refined shaping featuring a straighter topline, shallower face and progressive offset. Elegantly crafted design includes minimalistic cosmetic details and a clean, satin scratch finish.
Forgiveness and Playability
- High-strength forged 4140 carbon steel, wrapped face construction and soft carbon steel body create crisp feel and forgiveness
- Ultra-thin 1.75mm face thickness equipped with mini-Inverted Cone Technology to elevate performance across the club face
- Strategically placed tungsten weighting increases MOI throughout the set for unrivaled playability
- Ultra-thin internal leading edge with cut-thru Speed Pocket provides additional forgiveness on impacts low on the face
- Hollow body construction enables optimal weight placement