Tour Edge Exotics EXS Iron Set
The loaded-with-technology iron set features a forged Cup Face with state-of-the-art SpiderWeb VFT Technology for expanded sweet spots, a hollow-body design on long irons and an undercut design on short irons that incorporates LaunchPad technology behind the face for optimal launch, a 19-gram Tungsten weight for extreme toe weighting and a Ramped Sole for faster clubhead speed through the turf.
A new SpiderWeb Variable Face thickness technology located behind the face acts as a web across the face to enhance the sweet spot in every direction from the center of the face. The forged cup face is extremely light and thin, the thinnest that Tour Edge has ever manufactured.
The steel is exceptionally strong and works in conjunction with LaunchPad Technology that is a TPE polymer that has been coated with a special performance gel that absorbs shock and creates more spring effect. The hollow body design also offers the best in perimeter weighting and increased face flex on long irons.
A 19-gram Tungsten toe weight elongates the sweet spot even further for maximum forgiveness on the face. A Ramped Sole offers more relief on the heel and toe for smoother turf interaction.
An ultra-premium Tensei CK Blue 2G shaft series by Mitsubishi Chemical is the chosen stock graphite shaft for the EXS iron set. Extremely light yet extremely stable throughout, the Tensei Blue CK features advanced materials like Carbon Fiber and Kevlar mixed with other lightweight materials that weigh in the 60-80 gram range depending on flex. A 60-gram weight will be available in Ladies and A-flex, a 70-gram shaft available in Regular flex and an 80-gram shaft available in Stiff and X-flex. In steel, the EXS iron set comes standard in a KBS Max 80 shaft that will be available in Regular flex and Stiff flex.
Features and Benefits
- FLIGHT TUNING SYSTEM: allows adjustable sole weights to be moved to two alternate FTS settings
- U.S CARPENTER HYPER-STRENGTH STEEL CUP FACE: quench hardened high density steel made thinner yet stronger with special heating technique
- CARBON FIBER TOE: allows weight to be repositioned lower and toward the rear of the head for an extremely high MOI
- VARIABLE FACE THICKNESS: thin and thick compartments strategically positioned to provide optimal forgiveness even on off-center hits
- FORWARD CG POSITION: center of gravity is positioned closer to the face for less spin
- SLIPSTREAM SOLE: wider speed channels to create faster clubhead speed